Growth, Early 1900s', D


 

Home » Looking Back » Growth, Early 1900s' » Growth, Early 1900s', D

 

 

St Helens Park House

 

 

St Helens Park House

 

 

The veranda of St Helens Park House.  The family photographed by Tom Swann in 1920.

 

Built on land granted to Samuel Larkin by Governor Lachlan Macquarie in 1816, St Helens Park House was completed in 1887.  Gothic inspired late Victorian architecture makes an interesting building. 

 

 Further information on this historic home can be found in the societies book, "The Story of St Helens Park Campbelltown" based on a presentation by The Brooks Family, given at the 18th Ivor G. Thomas lecture, August 30th, 2008.  This book is available through The Societies Shop.

 

Image PHO0809 Photo by Tom Swann

 

 

Return to "Looking Back" Main Page

     Home       About Us       Glenalvon House       Places - People       Glenalvon Tour       Campbelltown Stories       Looking Back       Contact us      

©Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society Inc,  8 Lithgow Street Campbelltown NSW, 2560

Phone: 0246251822 | PO Box: 257, Campbelltown NSW 2560


Website design by Webfrog Studios